In the world of 2017 glitter has become the biggest, longest lasting trend going. I love to cover myself in glitter at any chance I can get. But what if I could show you a subtle way to sparkle every day. In this post I’m going to show you how to do hair tinsel. Its my new favourite thing. I have been obsessing over this stuff for a few months, I saw a Youtuber with it in and needed it in my life. I had a lady finally put some in my hair at an event after looking for somewhere to get it done for a while. Since then I have been putting it in my hair every few weeks.
How to do Hair Tinsel
- First, select a single strand of hair tinsel and fold it in half forming a loop.
- Next, select a very small section of hair about 2 cm from the start of the hair line and 1cm below the hair parting.
- Tie a slip knot around the selected hairs by wrapping the loop around the hairs and pulling the ends of the hair tinsel through the loop. Slide the knot to the scalp.
- Tie a basic knot with the strand of hair and the hair tinsel, do this with both sides of the hair tinsel. Make sure you keep the knots touching the scalp.
- If the knot still slides, tie another knot.
- Brush the ends of your hair through and watch it sparkle.
- To get the tinsel out slowly and carefully tease at the strands of hair and hair tinsel till it falls out
- When washing the hair try not to pull on the ends of the hair and tinsel or the roots to keep hair tinsel in as long as possible.
- style as normal, I dont recommend any heat over 200•c
And thats how to do hair tinsel, I seriously cant stop staring at my hair when I have it in. It looks like my hair belongs to that of a goddess. I love how subtle hair tinsel looks. It also makes me feel like a princess. It honestly just looks so nice. I cant get over it. I get so many compliments with this stuff in my hair and it makes me so happy.
If you want to have a go yourself, you can buy hair tinsel from Ebay and Amazon its sooo cheap. If you have a go, please tweet me on twitter @lunarlunarxo. I would love to see how it looks on you guys.